Dover, Kentucky is home to many kid friendly attractions that are perfect for a day of family fun! Start your day off at the Big Bone Lick State Park where you can tour the museum and learn all about the area’s rich history, go on a hike, or have a picnic lunch. Then, head over to the Creation Museum for an interactive and educational experience that will teach your kids about the Bible and science. Finish up your day with a visit to the Newport Aquarium where your kids can see all sorts of aquatic animals up close.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dover, Kentucky
1. Visit the Ark Encounter. This world-famous creation museum is a must-see for anyone visiting the area. With exhibits on Noah’s Ark, the Flood, and other Biblical topics, the Ark Encounter is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
2. Take a walk through Big Bone Lick State Park. This unique park is home to a number of large animal fossils, making it a fascinating place to explore. Kids will love seeing the life-size replica of a mastodon skeleton and learning about the area’s rich history.
3. Play at the Grant’s Lick Adventure Playground. This large playground features a number of fun features, including a zip line, rock climbing wall, and swings. It’s the perfect place to let kids burn off some energy.
4. Visit the National Museum of the Mighty Eighth Air Force. This museum is dedicated to the history of the Eighth Air Force during World War II. With interactive exhibits, rare artifacts, and powerful stories, the museum is sure to be a hit with history buffs of all ages.
5. Go for a swim at My Old Kentucky Home State Park. This beautiful state park features a number of amen