If you’re looking for kid friendly activities in Dixfield, Maine, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of things to do to keep the little ones entertained. For starters, you can take them to one of the many parks in the area. Pack a picnic lunch and spend a day at Tumbledown Mountain State Park or Sandy River Reservoir. both offer beautiful scenery and plenty of opportunity to explore.
If your kids are looking for a little more adventure, consider taking them white water rafting on the Magalloway River. There are several outfitters in the area that can provide you with everything you need for a safe and fun experience.
And, of course, no visit to Dixfield would be complete without a trip to the DixfieldHistorical Society & Museum. Kids will love learning about the history of this small town and seeing all the artifacts on display.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dixfield, Maine
1. Dixfield Recreation Park- The Dixfield Recreation Park is a great place for kids to play and have fun. There is a playground, a basketball court, a tennis court, and a baseball field. The park is also a great place to take a walk or go for a bike ride.
2. Chestnut Hill Farm- Chestnut Hill Farm is a working farm that offers tours, hayrides, and a petting zoo. Kids will love seeing the animals and learning about how the farm works.
3. Seacoast Science Center- The Seacoast Science Center is a great place to learn about the environment and the animals that live in it. The center has a variety of interactive exhibits, a touch tank, and a nature trail.
4. Parsons Memorial Library- Parsons Memorial Library is a great place to find books, movies, and games. The library also hosts events and programs for kids throughout the year.
5. Dixfield Historical Society Museum- The Dixfield Historical Society Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Dixfield and the surrounding area. The museum has a variety of exhibits, a research center, and a gift shop.
6. Dixfield Outdoor Adventure- Dixfield Outdoor Adventure offers a variety of outdoor activities for kids including hiking, fishing, canoeing, and more.
7. Pine Tree State Arboretum- The Pine Tree State Arboretum is a great place to learn about trees and the environment. The arboretum has a variety of trails, a treehouse, and a playground.
8. Sandy River Railway- The Sandy River Railway is a great place to take a ride on a historic train. The railway offers a variety of rides and events throughout the year.
9. Rumford Falls Hiking Trail- The Rumford Falls Hiking Trail is a great place to explore the outdoors. The trail offers a variety of views of the Rumford Falls and the surrounding area.
10. St. Lawrence Church- St. Lawrence Church is a beautiful church that offers a variety of events and programs for kids.