There’s no shortage of kid-friendly activities in Dindigul! This charming southern city in Tamil Nadu is home to several family-friendly attractions, including a number of parks and playgrounds. For a fun-filled day out, head to Periyar Park – where you can explore the gardens, feed the ducks and take a boat ride on the lake. Alternatively, visit Thalaivasal Falls for a refreshing swim in the natural pools. If your kids are animal lovers, they’ll be sure to enjoy a trip to Dindigul Zoo, where they can see tigers, lions, bears, monkeys and more. And no visit to Dindigul would be complete without sampling some of the delicious local cuisine, including masala dosa, idli and sambar – all of which can be found in the city’s many cafes and restaurants.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dinapore, India
1. Visit the ancestral homes of Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru.
2. Tour the Red Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
3. Walk or cycle through Lodhi Gardens, a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city.
4. Visit the Jantar Mantar astronomical observatory.
5. marvel at the intricate carvings of the India Gate war memorial.
6. Climb to the top of the Qutab Minar, a 73-metre-high victory tower.
7. See the giant Birla Mandir temple, built entirely of white marble.
8. Ride an elephant or camel at the Amer Fort in Jaipur.
9. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola in Udaipur.
10. Explore the old city of Jodhpur, with its maze of narrow streets and colourful bazaars.