There are a number of kid friendly things to do in Dillsboro, Indiana. One option is to take aSelvin’s Naturewalk. This is a 2.5 mile hike that loops around the town. It is a great way to see Southeast Indiana’s wooded hills and ravines. The trailhead is located at the Dillsboro Public Library.
Another option is to visit the Dillsboro Dam. This dam was built in 1960 and is a great place to fish. There is also a picnic area and playground.
For a more historical experience, the restored 1874 Dillsboro Train Depot is a great option. This is a working train depot and museum. There are a number of kid friendly exhibits, as well as a model train display.
Finally, no trip to Dillsboro would be complete without a visit to the Dillsboro Chocolate Factory. This is a great place to take a tour, learn about how chocolate is made, and of course, sample some of the delicious chocolate!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dillsboro, Indiana
1. Visit the Dillsboro Chocolate Factory for a delicious treat!
2. Walk or bike the scenic Silveus Trail.
3. Splash around at the Dillsboro Water Park.
4. Get up close and personal with some furry friends at the Dillsboro Animal Shelter.
5. Check out the historic homes and buildings in the Dillsboro Historic District.
6. Attend a play or musical at the Dillsboro Civic Theater.
7. Visit the Indiana Railway Museum for a day of fun and learning.
8. Go fishing or hiking at the nearby Jackson-Washington State Forest.
9. Play a round of golf at the Dillsboro Country Club.
10. Sample some tasty wines at the Chateau Thomas Winery.