Dillenburg is a historic town in Hesse, Germany. The town is situated in the Lahn river valley and is surrounded by forests. Dillenburg Castle is the main attraction in the town and was once the home of the counts of Nassau. The castle has a museum, a restaurant, and a shop. The town also has a beautiful church, St. James’ Church, which was built in the 15th century. The town is pedestrian friendly and has many shops and restaurants. There are also a few parks, including a children’s play area.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dillenburg, Germany
1. Visit the Dillenburg Castle: The Dillenburg Castle is a great place to explore for kids of all ages. The Castle has a playground, a moat and plenty of green space to run around.
2. Stroll through the old town: Dillenburg’s old town is perfect for a leisurely stroll with the kids. There are plenty of shops and cafes to duck into along the way.
3. Have a picnic in the park: Dillenburg has several beautiful parks, perfect for a picnic lunch on a sunny day.
4. Go for a bike ride: Dillenburg is a great place to explore by bike. There are plenty of trails to follow and the scenery is beautiful.
5. Visit the Ederheim Zoo: The Ederheim Zoo is a great place to take the kids to see some of their favorite animals.
6. Play in the Spielplatz: The Spielplatz is a great place for kids to let off some energy. There are plenty of climbing structures and slides to keep them entertained.
7. Visit the Tiergarten: The Tiergarten is a great place to see some of Dillenburg’s native wildlife.
8. Go for a hike: Dillenburg is surrounded by beautiful hiking trails. This is a great way to get some fresh air and explore the area.
9. Visit the museum: Dillenburg has a museum that is perfect for curious kids. They can learn about the town’s history and see some interesting artifacts.
10. Go swimming: Dillenburg has a public pool that is perfect for a refreshing swim on a hot day.