If you’re looking for fun things to do with your kids in Dickens, Texas, you’ve come to the right place! Dickens is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions that will keep your little ones entertained for hours on end. For starters, why not take them to the Dickens Cultural Arts Center to experience a variety of arts and crafts activities? If your kids are into animals, they’ll love the Dickens Animal Farm, where they can meet and pet a variety of friendly farm animals. And for a dose of history and culture, be sure to check out the Dickens County Museum, which offers a variety of interactive exhibits on the area’s rich history.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dickens, Texas
1. Visit the Mattie Reid Memorial Park and Playground. This park has a playground, picnic tables, and a walking trail.
2. Spend an afternoon at the O.T.WARE Aquatic Center. This indoor pool has a zero depth entry, a water slide, a spray ground, and a lap pool.
3. Take a hike at the Dickens County Nature Center. This nature center has over 6 miles of trails that wind through the woods and past wetlands.
4. Have a picnic at the Lake Coleman Park. This park has a playground, a pavilion, and a fishing pier.
5. Go fishing at the O.H. Ivie Reservoir. This reservoir is a great place to fish for bass, catfish, and perch.
6. Play mini golf at the Cowboy Golf Course. This course has eighteen holes of miniature golf.
7. Go bowling at the Dickens Bowling Center. This bowling alley has twelve lanes and a snack bar.
8. See a movie at the Dickens Drive-In Theatre. This theatre shows double features on Friday and Saturday nights.
9. Visit the Dickens County Museum. This museum has exhibits on the history of Dickens County and the town of Dickens.
10. Take a walk or ride your bike on the Dickens City Park Trail. This trail is a paved trail that goes through the park and the town.