Dexter, New York is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do in this small town that will keep your little ones entertained. One great option is the Dexter Golf Club. This club offers a mini golf course, driving range, and practice greens. It’s the perfect place to take a swing at mini golf with the kids. Another great option is the Dexter Fire Department Open House. This is a great opportunity for kids to see the fire trucks up close and learn about fire safety. The open house is usually held in the fall, but check the website for specific dates and times. Finally, the Museum of Dexter History is a great place to take kids to learn about the local history. This museum is full of artifacts and exhibits that will teach kids about the town’s past.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dexter, New York
1. Visit the Pitchfork Community Center- The Pitchfork Community Center is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to providing recreational and educational opportunities for Dexter youth. The center offers a variety of programs and activities for kids including art classes, sports leagues, and after-school tutoring.
2. Visit the Dexter Public Library- The Dexter Public Library is a great place for kids to explore and learn. The library offers a variety of programs and activities for kids including story times, summer reading programs, and craft classes.
3. Play at the Dexter Playground- The Dexter Playground is a great place for kids to get outside and play. The playground features a variety of playground equipment including slides, swings, and a climbing wall.
4. Go fishing at the Dexter Fishing Pond- The Dexter Fishing Pond is a great place for kids to go fishing. The pond is stocked with a variety of fish including bass, trout, and catfish.
5. attend a Dexter youth sports league- There are a variety of youth sports leagues offered in Dexter including baseball, basketball, and soccer. These leagues offer a great opportunity for kids to get involved in sports and meet new friends.
6. Visit the Dexter Museum- The Dexter Museum is a great place for kids to learn about the history of the Dexter community. The museum offers a variety of exhibits and programs for kids including a hands-on history exhibit and a summer day camp.
7. Go swimming at the Dexter Municipal Pool- The Dexter Municipal Pool is a great place for kids to cool off in the summer. The pool features a variety of amenities including a diving board, slides, and a wading pool.
8. Take a hike on the Dexter Nature Trail- The Dexter Nature Trail is a great place for kids to explore the outdoors. The trail features a variety of plants and animal life, and is a great place to take a nature hike.
9. have a picnic at the Dexter Memorial Park- The Dexter Memorial Park is a great place for kids to have a picnic. The park features a variety of picnic tables, grills, and a playground.
10. Go sledding at the Dexter Sledding Hill- The Dexter Sledding Hill is a great place for kids to go sledding. The hill is located in the Dexter Memorial Park, and is a great place to spend a winter day.