There are many kid friendly activities to do in the town of Dexter, Maine. For the outdoorsy family, you can go for a hike on one of the many scenic trails or go fishing in one of the many lakes. For those who enjoy the arts, you can visit the Dexter Arts Council or take a pottery class at the Wheel House Studio. There are also a number of historical sites in Dexter that are great for kids, such as the Old Dexter Library and the Wesselhoeft Farmstead. And, of course, no trip to Dexter would be complete without a visit to one of the many ice cream shops!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dexter, Maine
1. Head to the local playground- There are plenty of playgrounds in the Dexter area for kids to explore and enjoy. From jungle gyms to swings to slides, there is something for everyone.
2. Visit a nearby farm- There are several farms in the Dexter area that offer tours, animal petting, and other kid-friendly activities.
3. Go on a nature hike- There are several hiking trails in and around Dexter that are perfect for exploring with the family.
4. Have a picnic lunch- Dexter is home to several parks and green spaces that make the perfect spot for a picnic lunch.
5. Go fishing- There are several ponds and lakes in the Dexter area that are perfect for a day of fishing.
6. Go berry picking- There are several farms in the area that offer berry picking. This is a great activity for the whole family.
7. Visit a museum- There are several museums in the Dexter area, including the Maine State Museum and the Dexter Historical Society Museum.
8. Go swimming- There are several public pools in the Dexter area that are perfect for a day of swimming.
9. Play mini golf- There are several mini golf courses in the Dexter area that are perfect for a family outing.
10. Go bowling- There is a bowling alley in Dexter that is perfect for a family activity.