If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Delta Junction, Alaska, you won’t be disappointed. The city has a number of parks and playgrounds for your little ones to enjoy, as well as a variety of museums and galleries. Your kids will also love getting up close and personal with some of the area’s wildlife, including moose, caribou, and bears. And of course, no visit to Delta Junction would be complete without a stop at the famous Reindeer Farm.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Delta Junction, Alaska
1. Visit the nearby Alaska Sunrise Wildlife Refuge for a chance to see some of the state’s amazing wildlife.
2. Go for a hike or bike ride on one of the many trails in the area.
3. Visit the Discovery Center or the Arctic Circle Raceway for some fun and educational activities.
4. Take a scenic drive or ride on the Alaska Railroad for some incredible views.
5. Visit the Swan Lake or the Tanana Rivers for some great fishing and swimming opportunities.
6. Go berry picking at one of the many local farms in the area.
7. Visit the Antler Hill for a chance to see some of the biggest bull moose in the world.
8. Take a scenic float down the Copper River for some incredible views of the surrounding mountains.
9. Go dog sledding or take a mushing tour for a truly unique experience.
10. Visit the Northern Lights Center for a chance to see the Aurora Borealis.