Deloit, Iowa is a great place for kids to visit! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep them busy, such as the Deloit Aquatic Center, the Deloit Public Library, and the Deloit Community Center. The Deloit Aquatic Center is a great place to take a dip in the pool or splash around in the kiddie pool. The Deloit Public Library has a wonderful selection of books for kids of all ages, as well as plenty of kid-friendly activities. The Deloit Community Center is a great place to let the kids run around and burn off some energy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Deloit, Iowa
1. For a fun family activity, head to the Loess Hills National Scenic Area where you can hike, camp, and explore the unique landscape.
2. Visit the Riverview Park & Nature Preserve for a day of picnicking, fishing, and bird watching.
3. Take a leisurely stroll down Main Street and check out the quaint shops and restaurants.
4. Spend a day at the Stanley Museum learning about the history of this small town.
5. Check out the Deloit Public Library for a wide variety of books, movies, and games.
6. Head to the Deloit Aquatic Center for a day of swimming and splashing around.
7. Visit the Deloit City Park for a game of basketball, a picnic lunch, or just to run around and play.
8. For a unique experience, head to the Wildcat Hills Wildlife Area where you can see bison, elk, and other wildlife.
9. The kids will love visiting the DeJong’s Dairy Farm where they can see the cows being milked and get ice cream.
10. Head to the Barking Dog Park where your pooch can run and play off-leash.