Delmont is a small town in South Dakota with a population of just over 700 people. Despite its small size, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Delmont. The town has two parks, both of which have playgrounds, picnic areas, and hiking trails. There is also a public pool, a library, and a movie theater. For kids who like to be active, there are several sports leagues that they can sign up for, including baseball, basketball, and soccer. And, of course, no trip to Delmont would be complete without a visit to the world’s largest Fresian cow statue!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Delmont, South Dakota
1. Visit the Oldham School and Museum. The Oldham School and Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Delmont and the surrounding area. The museum is located in an old schoolhouse and features a variety of exhibits on the history of the town and the people who lived here.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through the Delmont Nature Park. The Delmont Nature Park is a great place to get some fresh air and exercise. There are a variety of trails to explore, and you may even spot some wildlife along the way.
3. Visit the Delmont Public Library. The Delmont Public Library is a great place to find books, magazines, and other resources on the history of the town and the area. The library also has a variety of events and programs for kids and adults.
4. Play a round of golf at the Delmont Golf Course. The Delmont Golf Course is a great place to spend a day outdoors. The course is open to the public and features a variety of challenging holes.
5. Go fishing at one of the many lakes in the area. Delmont is home to a number of lakes, including Lake Mitchell, which is a great place to go fishing. You can also find good fishing spots at Lake Poinsett and Lake Thompson.
6. Visit the Delmont Museum. The Delmont Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town and the area. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the town’s history and the people who have lived here.
7. Take a hike on one of the many trails in the area. Delmont is home to a number of trails, including the Big Sioux Recreation Trail, which is a great place to get some exercise. There are also a number of shorter trails located throughout the town.
8. Go swimming at one of the many lakes in the area. Delmont is home to a number of lakes, including Lake Mitchell, which is a great place to go swimming. You can also find good swimming spots at Lake Poinsett and Lake Thompson.
9. Play a game of basketball at the Delmont Community Center. The Delmont Community Center is a great place to get some exercise and play a game of basketball. The community center also has a variety of other activities and amenities for kids and adults.
10. Attend a local event. Delmont is home to a number of events throughout the year, including the Delmont Fair, which is a great place to have some fun and learn about the town.