Delhi, India is a great place to visit with kids. There are many kid friendly activities to do in Delhi. One can visit the Zoo, the National Science Centre, the National Rail Museum, the Shankar’s International Dolls Museum, the Children’s Museum, the Nehru Planetarium, the Connaught Place, the Old Fort, the Jantar Mantar, the Lotus Temple, the Akshardham Temple, and the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Delhi is also home to many parks, including the Lodhi Gardens, the Nehru Park, the Talkatora Gardens, and the Central Park.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Delhi, India
1. Visit the Red Fort: The Red Fort is a historic fort in Delhi that was built in 1639. It is made of red sandstone and is one of the most famous landmarks in Delhi. It was the main residence of the Mughal emperors for nearly 200 years and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
2. Visit the Jama Masjid: The Jama Masjid is the largest mosque in India and one of the largest in the world. It was built in 1656 by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. It can hold up to 25,000 people and is an important site for Islamic worship.
3. Take a rickshaw ride: A rickshaw is a type of three-wheeled vehicle that is often used for transportation in India. Rickshaw rides are a popular tourist activity and a great way to see the city.
4. Visit the India Gate: The India Gate is a war memorial that was built in 1931. It is located in the heart of Delhi and commemorates the Indian soldiers who died during World War I.
5. Visit the Rashtrapati Bhavan: The Rashtrapati Bhavan is the official residence of the President of India. It is located in the centre of Delhi and is a large and impressive building.
6. Visit the Lotus Temple: The Lotus Temple is a Bahá’í house of worship that was built in 1986. It is shaped like a lotus flower and is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Delhi.
7. Visit the Akshardham Temple: The Akshardham Temple is a Hindu temple that was built in 2005. It is one of the largest Hindu temples in the world and is a beautiful and peaceful place to visit.
8. Go on a shopping spree: Delhi is a shopper’s paradise with its many markets selling everything from clothes to electronics. From the trendy shops in Connaught Place to the street markets of Chandni Chowk, there is something for everyone.
9. Visit the Qutub Minar: The Qutub Minar is a minaret that was built in 1192. It is the tallest brick minaret in the world and is an iconic landmark of Delhi.
10. Enjoy the food: Delhi is famous for its street food, and there are many delicious dishes to try. From chaat and gol gappas to kebabs and biryani, there is something for everyone to enjoy.