Delaware City is a small town located on the Delaware River, about an hour drive from Philadelphia. The town offers a variety of kid-friendly activities, including a variety of shops and restaurants downtown, a playground and splash pad at Battery Park, and a walking trail along the river. The town also hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including a Fourth of July celebration, a Halloween parade, and a Christmas tree lighting. Delaware City is a great place to visit with kids of all ages.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Delaware City, Delaware
1. Visit the Delaware City Museum and Library- The Delaware City Museum and Library is a great place for kids to learn about the history of Delaware City and the surrounding area. The museum has a wide variety of exhibits and a great collection of books that kids can read.
2. Go to the Delaware City Marina- The Delaware City Marina is a great place to take a walk, go fishing, or just enjoy the views of the Delaware River. There are also a variety of shops and restaurants located nearby.
3. Take a scenic drive down Market Street- Market Street is a beautiful street to take a drive down. It is lined with trees and has a number of historic buildings.
4. Visit the Fort Delaware State Park- The Fort Delaware State Park is a great place to explore the history of Delaware. The park has a number of different exhibits and a great view of the Delaware River.
5. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Delaware City bike trail- The Delaware City bike trail is a great place to get some exercise. The trail is about 3 miles long and runs along the Delaware River.
6. See the animals at the Brandywine Zoo- The Brandywine Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals. The zoo also has a number of educational programs that kids can participate in.
7. Play in one of the many Delaware City parks- Delaware City has a number of parks that are great for kids to play in. Some of the parks have playgrounds, basketball courts, and baseball fields.
8. Visit the Delaware City Aquarium- The Delaware City Aquarium is a great place to see a variety of fish and other aquatic animals. The aquarium also has a number of educational programs that kids can participate in.
9. Take a ride on the Delaware City trolley- The Delaware City trolley is a great way to see the city. The trolley runs on a loop around the city and makes a number of stops.
10. Go for a walk or bike ride on the Delaware River front- The Delaware River front is a great place to take a walk or a bike ride. There are a number of different trails that you can take and the views are beautiful.