There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Decatur, Indiana. For the outdoorsy family, there is the Bicentennial Riverfront Park which features playgrounds, a walking trail, picnic areas, and a splash pad. The Decatur Civic Center is also a great option for familes with kids. It has an indoor pool, a gym, a track, and a basketball court. The Havenhurst Victorian Mansion is a great option for those interested in history and architecture. Families can also take a short drive to the Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo or the Detroit Zoo.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Decatur, Indiana
1. Visit the Mounds State Park: The Mounds State Park is a Native American burial site that offers a glimpse into the past. The park offers a walking trail, a playground, and a museum with ancient artifacts.
2. Go fishing at the Reservoir Park: The Reservoir Park is a great place to go fishing. The park has a fishing pier, a boat launch, and a fish cleaning station.
3. Have a picnic at the Harrison Park: The Harrison Park is a great place to have a picnic. The park has a playground, a pavilion, and a walking trail.
4. Take a hike on the Rivergreenway: The Rivergreenway is a walking and biking trail that follows the banks of the Elkhart River. The trail is 10 miles long and offers a variety of scenic views.
5. Visit the Splash Pad at the Riverside Park: The Splash Pad at the Riverside Park is a great place for kids to cool off on a hot day. The Splash Pad is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
6. Play mini golf at the Midway Drive-In: The Midway Drive-In is a fun place to play mini golf. The course is open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
7. Go bowling at the Bowl-O-Mat: The Bowl-O-Mat is a great place to go bowling. The bowling alley has lane rentals, shoe rentals, and a snack bar.
8. See a movie at the Temple Theater: The Temple Theater is a great place to see a movie. The theater has stadium seating, ticketing, and a concession stand.
9. Shop at the Decatur Mall: The Decatur Mall is a great place to shop. The mall has a variety of stores, a food court, and a play area for kids.
10. Go to the Donnellson Park: The Donnellson Park is a great place to take the kids. The park has a playground, a pavilion, and a walking trail.