Dearing, Kansas is a great place for kids of all ages. There are plenty of things to see and do, whether you’re looking for an exciting day out or a more relaxed afternoon.
One of the most popular kid-friendly attractions in Dearing is the Wetlands Water Park. This water park has something for everyone, with a lazy river, a wave pool, and slides. There are also plenty of places to sunbathe and picnic, so you can make a day of it.
If you’re looking for something a little more active, there’s also the Dearing Recreation Center. This center has a basketball court, a weight room, and a track. There’s also a playground and a swimming pool, so the kids can still have fun even if you’re working out.
No matter what you’re looking for, you’re sure to find it in Dearing, Kansas. With so many great kid-friendly options, you’ll never be bored.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dearing, Kansas
1. Visit the Brown v. Board of Education National Historic Site: This site commemorates the Supreme Court decision that outlawed segregation in public schools. Visitors can explore the museum, take a self-guided tour of the school, and participate in educational programs.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through lush Limestone Park: This park features miles of trails, a pond, and a playground. It’s the perfect place to get some fresh air and exercise.
3. Go fishing at Lake Shawnee: This lake is stocked with bass, catfish, and sunfish. Visitors can also rent boats and paddleboards.
4. Play a round of golf at Coyote Hills Golf Course: This course features 18 holes, a driving range, and a pro shop.
5. Visit the Ward-Meade Historic Site and Botanical Garden: This site features a restored Victorian mansion, a botanical garden, and a museum. Visitors can take a guided tour of the mansion or a Self-guided tour of the garden.
6. See a show at the Topeka Performing Arts Center: This center features a variety of live performances, including music, theater, and dance.
7. Browse the shops at West Ridge Mall: This mall features over 100 stores, including department stores, restaurants, and a movie theater.
8. Visit the Kansas State Capitol: This building houses the state legislature and the governor’s office. Visitors can take a free guided tour or explore the museum.
9. Learn about the local history at the Mulvane Art Museum: This museum features a collection of art from around the world, as well as exhibitions of local and regional artists.
10. Attend a sporting event at the Kansas Expocentre: This venue hosts a variety of sporting events, including basketball, football, and hockey.