There are plenty of things to do in Deale, Maryland that will keep kids entertained and happy. For starters, they can explore Fort Carroll, an abandoned fort that sits in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay. Kids can also visit the Maryland Science Center, where they can learn all about the many different aspects of science. There is also the National Aquarium, which is sure to be a hit with kids of all ages. If your kids are looking for something a little more active, they can head to Six Flags America, where they can ride roller coasters and other fun rides.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Deale, Maryland
1. Visit the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum- The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum is a kid-friendly museum that is dedicated to preserving the history of the Chesapeake Bay. The museum has a variety of interactive exhibits, educational programs, and a working boatyard.
2. Go Crabbing- Crabbing is a popular activity in the Chesapeake Bay area. There are many crabbing docks and piers located in Deale. All you need is a crabbing line and bait.
3. Take a Boat Tour- There are many boat tour operators in Deale that offer a variety of different tours. You can take a tour of the Chesapeake Bay, go crabbing, or even take a sunset cruise.
4. Visit the Tiki Bar- The Tiki Bar is a kid-friendly bar located on the boardwalk in Deale. The bar has a pool, a sand volleyball court, and a variety of tropical drinks.
5. Build a Sandcastle- Deale has a large public beach with plenty of sand for building sandcastles. The beach also has a playground, picnic tables, and a pavilion.
6. Go Fishing- Fishing is a popular activity in Deale. There are many public docks and piers where you can fish. You can also go charter fishing or crabbing.
7. Visit the Lighthouse- The Thomas Point Shoal Lighthouse is a historic lighthouse located in the Chesapeake Bay. The lighthouse is open for tours April through October.
8. Go to the Park- There are two parks located in Deale, Fort Smallwood Park and Sandy Point State Park. Both parks have a variety of kid-friendly activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, and picnicking.
9. Ride the Train- The Deale Area Historical Society operates a kid-friendly train ride through the town of Deale. The train ride is a great way to see the sights of Deale.
10. Go on a Nature Walk- There are many nature trails located in Deale. These trails are a great way to explore the natural beauty of the area.