Dayton is Wyoming’s sixth largest city, located in the northern part of the state. Despite its relatively small size, Dayton has a lot to offer families with young children. Here are some of the most kid-friendly things to do in Dayton:
One of the most popular kid-friendly attractions in Dayton is the Wyoming Dinosaur Center. The center houses a world-renowned collection of dinosaurs, as well as a museum and interactive exhibits. Kids will love seeing the dinosaurs up close and learning about them through the exhibits.
If your kids are interested in the old west, they’ll enjoy visiting the trail where the Pony Express used to deliver mail. The trail is now a walking and biking path, and it’s a great place to take a family hike or ride.
For a more active adventure, head to the Bighorn Mountains for some hiking, biking, and fishing. The mountains offer great views and plenty of opportunity to explore the wilderness.
If you’re looking for a place to relax and enjoy the outdoors, Checkerboard Mesa Park is a great option. The park has a playground, picnic area, and plenty of space to run around.
No matter what your interests are, Dayton has something to offer families with young children. With its dinosaur museum, historic sites, and outdoor activities, Dayton is a great place to explore with kids.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dayton, Wyoming
1. Spend a day at Yellowstone National Park.
2. Visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
3. Take a scenic drive through the Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area.
4. Hike to the top of Table Mountain.
5. Paddle down the Shoshone River.
6. Explore the Sunlight Basin.
7. Go on a wildlife safari at the National Elk Refuge.
8. Take a horseback ride through the Great Yellowstone Ecosystem.
9. Visit the hot springs at Thermopolis.
10. Take a scenic float trip down the Wind River.