Dayton, Texas, is a great place for families with young children. The city has a variety of kid-friendly attractions, including the Liberty County Courthouse, the pediatric wing of the local hospital, and the Children’s Museum of Houston. Dayton is also home to a number of parks and playgrounds, making it a great place to spend a day outdoors with the kids. There are also a number of kid-friendly restaurants in town, so you can be sure to find something to please everyone in the family. Dayton is a great place to raise a family and there are plenty of things to keep the kids entertained.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dayton, Texas
1. Visit the Houston Zoo – The Houston Zoo is one of the most popular attractions in Dayton, Texas. Situated on 55 acres of land, the zoo is home to over 6,000 animals from more than 800 species. The zoo also features a children’s zoo, an educational center, and a variety of exhibits and shows.
2. Take a Train Ride – Dayton is home to the Sam Houston Railroad, which offers train rides through the city and surrounding areas. The railroad offers a variety of different routes, so you can choose the one that best suits your interests.
3. Visit the San Jacinto Monument – The San Jacinto Monument is a 610-foot tall stone column that commemorates the Battle of San Jacinto, which was fought in 1836. The monument is located on the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site, which also features a museum and an events center.
4.Explore the George Ranch – The George Ranch is a working cattle ranch that covers more than 23,000 acres. The ranch offers a variety of tours and activities, including hayrides, donkey cart rides, and cowboy cooking demonstrations.
5. Go Fishing – Dayton is home to a number of lakes and rivers, so it’s the perfect place to go fishing. You can fish from the shore or from a boat, and there’s no need to have a license if you’re fishing from a public pier.
6.Take a Hike – Dayton’s diverse terrain makes it a great place for hiking. There are a number of trails to choose from, ranging from easy to strenuous.
7.Visit the Bissonnet House Museum – The Bissonnet House Museum is a Victorian-style home that was built in 1883. The home is furnished with period furniture and features a number of historic exhibits.
8. Play Golf – Dayton is home to a number of golf courses, so it’s the perfect place to work on your game.
9. Go Camping – Dayton is home to a number of camping sites, so you can enjoy the great outdoors.
10. Visit the Liberty Bell Museum – The Liberty Bell Museum is located in an replica of the Liberty Bell that was created for the 1976 bicentennial. The museum features a number of exhibits on the history of the Liberty Bell.