Dana, Indiana is a small town located in the western part of the state. Despite its small size, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Dana! One popular activity is visiting the Dana Popcorn Festival, which takes place every September. The festival features a parade, live music, a variety of carnival rides, and of course, plenty of popcorn! Other popular attractions in Dana include thered Mill Park, which features a playground, picnic areas, and a walking trail, and the Hoosier Heartland Trolley Museum, where kids can learn about the history of Dana’s trolley system and take a ride on a real trolley car!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dana, Indiana
1. Brown County State Park: The largest state park in Indiana, Brown County State Park is a great place to hike, camp, and enjoy the outdoors. There are over 26 miles of trails to explore, and the park also has a scenic lake.
2. Hoosier National Forest: The Hoosier National Forest is a great place to hike, camp, and enjoy the outdoors. With over 200 miles of trails, it’s a perfect place to explore.
3. Monroe Lake: Monroe Lake is a great place to go swimming, fishing, and boating. The lake is also a popular spot for bird watching.
4. Golf Courses: There are several golf courses in Dana, including the Pete Dye Golf Course at the French Lick Resort.
5. Horseback Riding: There are several places to go horseback riding in Dana, including the Hoosier National Forest.
6. Canoeing and Kayaking: Canoeing and kayaking are popular activities on Monroe Lake.
7. Ziplining: The Brown County Zipline offers a bird’s eye view of the state park.
8. Brown County Playhouse: The Brown County Playhouse is a local theater that offers a variety of shows throughout the year.
9. Brown County Museum: The Brown County Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the area.
10. Wineries: There are several wineries in the area, including the Brown County Winery.