Daleville is a town in Botetourt County, Virginia, United States. The population was 4,228 at the 2010 census. Daleville is part of the Roanoke Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Daleville is located in the southern part of Botetourt County at 37°23′13″N 79°56′51″W / 37.386861°N 79.947306°W / 37.386861; -79.947306. It is bordered to the southeast by the city of Buchanan, the county seat. U.S. Route 11 (Lee Highway) passes through the center of Daleville as Main Street, leading northeast 17 miles (27 km) toRoanoke and southwest 22 miles (35 km) to Lexington. Interstate 81 passes just to the west of Daleville, with access from Exits 167 and 169. I-81 leads northeast 60 miles (97 km) to Roanoke and southwest 136 miles (219 km) to Bristol, Tennessee.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Daleville has a total area of 5.2 square miles (13.6 km2), all of it land. The town is in the valley of Tinker Creek, a tributary of the James River, which flows south through Roanoke to Richmond.
Daleville is home to several kid-friendly attractions, including the Botetourt Sports Complex, which features baseball and softball fields, a basketball court, a playground, and a picnic pavilion. The town also has a four-acre (1.6 ha) public park with a walking trail, a picnic shelter, and a playground. The Daleville Town Center, a mixed-use development that includes shops, restaurants, and a movie theater, is also a popular destination for families.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Daleville, Virginia
1. Tour the Bibb Cemetery- The Bibb Cemetery is one of the most kid friendly things to do in Daleville, Virginia. The cemetery is home to many of the town’s founding families and features a variety of interesting headstones and monuments.
2. Walk the Trails at James River State Park- James River State Park is home to miles of hiking and biking trails, making it the perfect place to explore the outdoors with your kids.
3. Visit the Daleville Town Museum- The Daleville Town Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Daleville and the surrounding area. The museum features a variety of exhibits on the town’s history, including the founding of the town and the Daleville Dam.
4. Go Fishing at Botetourt Sports Complex- The Botetourt Sports Complex is home to a fishing pond that is perfect for kids. The pond is stocked with bass, catfish, and sunfish, making it the perfect place to teach your kids how to fish.
5. Play Miniature Golf at Liberty Golf Center- Liberty Golf Center is home to an 18-hole miniature golf course that is perfect for kids. The course is beautifully landscaped and features a variety of challenges to keep your kids entertained.
6. Visit the Library- The Daleville Library is a great place to take your kids to enjoy a quiet activity. The library offers a variety of books, magazines, and computers for your kids to enjoy.
7. Play at Town Park- Town Park is the perfect place to take your kids to play. The park features a playground, picnic tables, and a basketball court.
8. Get Ice Cream at Creamery Cream- Creamery Cream is the perfect place to take your kids for a treat. The shop offers a variety of ice cream flavors, as well as milkshakes, sundaes, and floats.
9. Attend a Movie at Liberty Theater- Liberty Theater is a great place to take your kids to see a movie. The theater offers a variety of family-friendly films, as well as a concession stand with snacks and drinks.
10. Try a New Restaurant- Daleville is home to a variety of kid-friendly restaurants, making it the perfect place to try something new. Some of our favorites include Little Caesars, Panera Bread, and Chick-fil-A.