Dakhla, Western Sahara is a great place for families with kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep the little ones entertained, including:
• exploring the myriad of markets and stalls in the Old Town
• learning about traditional Saharan life at the Dakhla Museum
• visiting the bird sanctuary and getting up close and personal with some of the resident flamingos
• cooling off with a refreshing swim in the lagoon
For those seeking a more adrenaline-pumping experience, there are also plenty of water sports on offer, from windsurfing and kitesurfing to canoeing and wakeboarding. And when it’s time to relax and unwind, there are plenty of beautiful beaches to soak up the sun.
So whatever you’re looking for, Dakhla has something to offer the whole family!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Dakhla, Western Sahara
1. Visit the Dakhla Museum to learn about the history and culture of the Western Sahara.
2. Enjoy the views from the top of the Dakhla Lighthouse.
3. Walk along the promenade and enjoy the fresh ocean air.
4. Visit the local markets to find souvenirs and gifts.
5. Take a camel ride along the beach.
6. Go surfing or kitesurfing in the waves off the coast.
7. Explore the streets of the old city and visit the historic buildings.
8. Visit one of the many parks and green spaces in Dakhla.
9. Try some of the local cuisine at one of the many restaurants.
10. Enjoy a sunset over the ocean.