Cumberland Gap is a great place for families with kids of all ages. Here are some kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Cumberland Gap:
-Take a hike on one of the many trails in Cumberland Gap National Historical Park. There are trails for all levels of hikers, and the views are breathtaking.
-Visit the Pinnacle Overlook for a panoramic view of the valleys below.
-Take a drive on the scenic Skyway Drive for some of the best views in the area.
-Visit the Museum of Appalachian Culture to learn about the history and culture of the region.
-Have a picnic lunch atone of the many picnic areas in the park.
-Explore the many caves in the area. Some of them are even kid-friendly!
-Go fishing in one of the many streams in the park.
-Visit the Gap Cave to learn about the geology of the area.
-Take a scenic drive down the Cumberland Gap Parkway.
There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Cumberland Gap. With so many activities to choose from, your family is sure to have a great time!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cumberland Gap, Tennessee
1. Visit the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park: The Cumberland Gap National Historical Park is a great place to explore the history and beauty of the Cumberland Gap region. There are many hiking trails, historical sites, and scenic overlooks to enjoy.
2. Take a scenic drive: The Cumberland Gap region is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in Tennessee. Take a drive down one of the many scenic highways and enjoy the views.
3. Visit the Museum of Appalachia: The Museum of Appalachia is a great place to learn about the culture and history of the Appalachian region. The museum has many exhibits and a working farm.
4. Hike to a waterfall: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many beautiful waterfalls. Take a hike and enjoy the sights and sounds of the waterfalls.
5. Go fishing: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many great fishing spots. There are many streams and rivers to choose from.
6. Take a raft trip: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many great rafting spots. Take a trip down one of the many rivers and enjoy the scenery.
7. Go camping: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many great camping spots. There are many campgrounds to choose from.
8. Enjoy the arts: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many great museums and art galleries. There are also many theaters and music venues.
9. Taste the local cuisine: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many great restaurants. Try the local cuisine and enjoy the flavors of the region.
10. Relax and enjoy the scenery: The Cumberland Gap region is home to many great parks and recreational areas. Take some time to relax and enjoy the scenery.