There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Craigsville, Virginia! For starters, the town has its own public library which offers a variety of children’s programming throughout the year. There are also several parks perfect for a picnic lunch or an afternoon of play. Wetsel Seed Company is a local business that offers a “Kid’s Day” once a month where families can tour the facilities, learn about the history of the company, and participate in fun activities like seed planting and harvesting. There are also several can’t-miss annual events in Craigsville that are perfect for families, including the Mayberry Days festival (celebrating the TV show The Andy Griffith Show), the Maize Quest Fun Park (an outdoor adventure park with a corn maze and other fun activities), and the Virginia Pumpkin Festival (a fall festival with harvest-themed games, hayrides, and more).
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Craigsville, Virginia
1. Visit the Craigsville Public Library. The Craigsville Public Library is a great place for kids to spend an afternoon. There is a wide variety of books to choose from, and the staff is always happy to help kids find something they’ll enjoy.
2. Play at the Craigsville Community Park. The Craigsville Community Park is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. There is a playground, a basketball court, and a walking trail.
3. Go fishing at Lake Shenandoah. Lake Shenandoah is a great place to take the kids for a day of fishing. There is a fishing pier, and the lake is stocked with bass, catfish, and trout.
4. Meet the animals at the Lewis Wildlife Center. The Lewis Wildlife Center is home to a variety of animals, including deer, foxes, raccoons, and otters. Kids can learn about the animals and even feed some of them.
5. Take a hike on the Appalachian Trail. The Appalachian Trail runs right through Craigsville, and it’s a great place to take a hike with the kids. There are a variety of trails to choose from, and the scenery is beautiful.
6. Visit the Craigsville Museum. The Craigsville Museum is a great place to learn about the history of the town. Kids will enjoy seeing the exhibits, and they can even try on some period clothing.
7. Play mini golf at Shenandoah Golf. Shenandoah Golf is a great place to take the kids for a game of mini golf. The course is challenging but fun, and the kids will love the dinosaur-themed mini golf.
8. Go for a swim at the Craigsville Aquatic Center. The Craigsville Aquatic Center is a great place to take the kids for a swim. There is a pool, a splash pad, and a waterslide.
9. Ride the rails at the Craigsville Train Depot. The Craigsville Train Depot is a great place to take the kids for a ride on the Virginia Railway Express. The train runs from Charlottesville to Richmond, and the kids will love riding in the vintage cars.
10. Visit the Craigsville Farmer’s Market. The Craigsville Farmer’s Market is a great place to take the kids to get fresh, local food. There is a wide variety of produce and other items available, and the kids will love exploring the market.