Craig is a great place for kids of all ages. There are many things to do in Craig that are kid friendly. Some of the things that kids can do in Craig are go crabbing, play in the park, go fishing, and visit the library. There are also many kid friendly places to eat in Craig. Some of the kid friendly places to eat in Craig are the Dairy Queen, McDonalds, and Subway. Craig is a great place for kids to have fun and learn about the Alaskan lifestyle.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Craig, Alaska
1. Visit the Salmon Bake – The Salmon Bake is a great place to take the kids for a delicious meal of fresh-caught salmon. They can watch the salmon being cooked over an open fire, and then enjoy their feast with a view of the river.
2. Go Berry Picking – Craig is home to many different kinds of berries, including blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries. Take the kids out to pick their own berries, and then enjoy them as a healthy snack or in a delicious pie.
3. Visit the Whale Museum – The Whale Museum is a great place to learn about the majestic creatures that live in the waters off of Craig. The kids will love seeing the life-size whale skeletons, and they can even listen to recordings of whale calls.
4. Go Hiking – Craig is home to many beautiful hiking trails, perfect for a family adventure. Check out the Echo Cove Trail or the West Point Beach Trail for some scenic views and great exercise.
5. Picnic at the Park – Craig has several great parks, perfect for a family picnic. Pack a lunch and head to Covenant Parks, Center Park, or historic Chief Johnson totem park for a lovely day in the sun.
6. Go Fishing – Craig is renowned for its great fishing, so be sure to take the kids out on a charter boat or just fish from the docks. They’ll love trying to catch their dinner, and you can’t beat the fresh seafood.
7. Visit the library – The Craig Public Library is a great place to take the kids to read or find new books. They can also participate in the many different programs offered, such as story time or craft hour.
8. GoCamping – Craig is home to many different camping spots, perfect for a family getaway. Pack up the tent and head to Herring Cove State Park or Tracy Arm-Ford’s Terror State Marine Park for a memorable trip.
9. Eat Ice Cream – No trip to Craig is complete without enjoying some delicious ice cream from the Dairy Queen. The kids will love the wide variety of flavors, and you can’t beat the view of the harbor.
10. Go Kayaking – Craig is the perfect place to go kayaking, with its calm waters and scenic views. Take the kids out for a paddle around the harbor or head out to one of the many islands for a picnic lunch.