Crab Orchard, Tennessee is a great place for kids! There are plenty of things to do to keep them entertained. For starters, they can explore Cumberland Mountain State Park. The park has miles of hiking trails, a lake for fishing and swimming, and a playground. If your kids are into animals, the Tennessee Safari Park is a must-visit. They can feed and pet exotic animals, and even ride a camel! For some indoor fun, check out the Discovery Center at Murfree Spring. They have hands-on exhibits and a planetarium. And no trip to Crab Orchard would be complete without visiting the Jim Gray Galleries. They have a kids’ corner where they can make art and a gift shop where they can buy souvenirs.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Crab Orchard, Tennessee
1. Visit the Cumberland Mountain State Park for a nature hike and picnic lunch.
2. Take a drive down scenic Hwy 68 and stop atspots like the lookout point and the many scenic pull-offs.
3. Visit the Magnolia Place Farms for a day of picking fruits and vegetables and enjoying the great outdoors.
4. Stop by the Crab Orchard Museum and discover the history of this small Tennessee town.
5. Attend a show at the Cumberland County Playhouse, where you can see live theater performances by local and visiting actors.
6. Visit Cumberland Mountain State Park and go for a swim in one of its many lakes or streams.
7. Play a round of golf at the Bear Trace Golf Course, located within the state park.
8. Visit the York Farm and Winery for a day of touring the vineyards, doing some wine tasting, and enjoying a picnic lunch.
9. Stop by the Crab Orchard Wildlife Refuge and take a hike or go on a wildlife safari.
10. Take a scenic drive down Jones Gap Road, where you’ll find beautiful views of the Smoky Mountains.