There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do in Coudekerque-Branche, France. For the little ones, there’s the Maison des Petits, a museum designed specifically for children. They can explore exhibits on local history, art, and ecology, and even take part in workshops. For the more outdoorsy type, there’s the Parc de la Rive, where they can run and play to their heart’s content. And of course, no visit to France would be complete without a trip to a bakery or two!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Coudekerque-Branche, France
1. Parc de la Baie de Gravelines: This park has a playground, a petting zoo, and a sandy beach where children can paddle in the water.
2. Fort de Suffren: This fort has a museum with interactive exhibits on the history of the maritime defense of France. There are also guided tours of the fort itself.
3. Pas-de-Calais Mining Museum: This museum tells the story of the region’s coal mining history. There are exhibits on the mining process, the working conditions of the miners, and the impact of mining on the local environment.
4. Musée des Beaux-Arts de Dunkerque: This museum has a collection of paintings, sculptures, and other works of art from the 17th to the 20th centuries.
5. Nausicaá: This is a sea life centre with over 35 tanks of marine life, including sharks, rays, and penguins. There is also an aquarium where children can touch some of the animals.
6. Tramway Touristique de la Vallée de la Lys: This is a heritage railway that runs through the scenic Lys Valley.There are three routes to choose from, each with its own unique scenery.
7. Palais des Grottes: This is a complex of caves that have been turned into a tourist attraction. The caves are decorated with lighting and music, and there are also rides and other activities for children.
8. Centre National de la Mer: This centre is dedicated to the study and protection of the marine environment. There are interactive exhibits on the local ecosystem, and children can also touch some of the animals.
9. Dunes de Flandre: These are the largest sand dunes in Europe, and they are a great place to explore and play.
10. Lac du Grand Léon: This lake has a beach, a playground, and a number of hiking and biking trails. There is also a Memorial to the Battle of Dunkirk located nearby.