Corydon, Iowa is a great place to raise a family. There are many kid friendly things to do in the area. Some of the most popular activities include visiting the Daniel Boone Home and Heritage Center, going on a horseback riding adventure at Paddlefish Adventures, or exploring the many hiking and biking trails in the area. There are also many great parks and playgrounds for kids to enjoy.
families can also enjoy the many festivals and events that take place in Corydon throughout the year. The city is also home to a variety of businesses, restaurants, and shops that cater to families. Corydon is a great place to call home and raise a family.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Corydon, Iowa
1. See the Historic Capitol Building – The Historic Capitol Building is the former Iowa state capitol building, which now houses the Iowa State Historical Society’s offices, library, and museum. The building is open for tours Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2. Take a Hike on the Hoosier National Forest Trails – The Hoosier National Forest offers over 100 miles of trails for hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The forest is located in southern Indiana, just north of Corydon.
3. Visit the Falls of the Ohio State Park – The Falls of the Ohio State Park is located on the Ohio River in Louisville, Kentucky. The Park features a Interpretive Center with a large aquarium, as well as several miles of hiking trails and a scenic overlook of the Falls.
4. See a Show at the Derby Dinner Playhouse – The Derby Dinner Playhouse is a professional dinner theater located in Clarksville, Indiana, just south of Corydon. The Playhouse produces a variety of Broadway and Comedy shows, as well as a children’s theater series.
5. Visit the Corydon Historic District – The Corydon Historic District is a National Historic Landmark District that encompasses the downtown area of Corydon and features a variety of 18th and 19th century architecture.
6. Go Swimming at the Posey County Family Aquatic Center – The Posey County Family Aquatic Center is an indoor swimming facility located in Mt. Vernon, Indiana, just north of Corydon. The Aquatic Center features a lap pool, diving well, slides, and a sprayground.
7. Take a Scenic Drive Along the Ohio River – The Ohio River Scenic Byway is a National Scenic Byway that runs along the Ohio River from Louisville, Kentucky to Cincinnati, Ohio. The Byway offers stunning views of the river and the surrounding countryside.
8. Attend a Festival or Event – Corydon is home to a variety of festivals and events throughout the year, including the Old Capitol Folk Festival, the ChocolateFest, and the Wine, Spirits, & Beer Festival.
9. Go Shopping at the Historic Corydon stores – The Historic Corydon stores are located in the Corydon Historic District and offer a variety of goods, including antiques, souvenirs, and local arts and crafts.
10. Visit a Winery or Brewery – There are several wineries and breweries located in the Corydon area, including the Huselton Brothers Winery and the New Albanian Brewing Company.