If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Copper Center, Alaska, you won’t be disappointed. From hiking and rafting to boreal forest walks and ATV tours, there’s plenty to keep the little ones entertained. And if you’re looking for a place to stay, the Copper Center Lodge is a great option for families. With its spacious rooms and on-site restaurant, it’s the perfect basecamp for your adventures in the Copper River Valley.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Copper Center, Alaska
1. Visit the Reindeer Farm: The Reindeer Farm is a great place to visit with kids. You can learn all about reindeer and even feed them.
2. Visit the Pioneer Museum: The Pioneer Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Copper Center. You can see old tools, clothes, and even a log cabin.
3. Attend a show at the Waterfront Theater: The Waterfront Theater hosts shows and events throughout the year. Check their schedule to see what’s playing while you’re in town.
4. Go for a hike: There are plenty of trails to explore around Copper Center. Have a picnic at one of the many scenic overlooks.
5. pan for gold: Kids will love panning for gold in one of the many rivers in the area.
6. Go berry picking: Take a trip to one of the many berry fields in the area and pick your own berries.
7. Go fishing: Copper Center is a great place to fish. You can go for trout, salmon, or even Dolly Varden.
8. Visit the totem poles: There are several totem poles around Copper Center. Take a walk and learn about the history of each one.
9. Go sledding: Sledding is a great way to have fun in the winter. There are several hills in the area that are perfect for sledding.
10. Go ice skating: Ice skating is a great activity for all ages. You can rent skates at the community center.