Cooperstown, New York, is a small town located in the heart of New York State. The town is best known for being the home of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. While the town may be small, there are plenty of kid-friendly things to do.
One of the most popular kid-friendly activities in Cooperstown is visiting the Baseball Hall of Fame. The museum is full of interactive exhibits that teach children about the history of baseball. There is also a batting cage where kids can practice their swing.
Another popular activity for kids in Cooperstown is attending a game at the Cooperstown Dreams Park. The park is home to 12 baseball fields and hosts youth baseball tournaments from all over the country. Kids will enjoy watching the games and cheering on their favorite team.
If your kids are looking for a more active activity, they can go hiking or biking on the many trails located around Cooperstown. The town is also home to a few playgrounds and a large park, perfect for a picnic lunch.
There are also several kid-friendly restaurants in Cooperstown, serving up everything from pizza to ice cream. And, no visit to Cooperstown would be complete without a stop at the world-famous Fenimore Art Museum. The museum houses a collection of American art, including paintings, sculptures, and more.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cooperstown, New York
1. Visit the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum – The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum is a baseball museum and hall of fame located at 25 Main Street in Cooperstown, New York. The museum contains more than 40,000 baseball-related items and houses the largest collection of baseball artifacts in the world. The Hall of Fame was established in 1939 to honor the greatest baseball players of all time.
2. Take a scenic drive or hike through the Glimmerglass State Park – The Glimmerglass State Park is a 2,000-acre state park located in Cooperstown, New York. The park offers a variety of activities such as hiking, biking, picnicking, and camping. The park also features a beach on Otsego Lake, as well as a marina where you can rent boats.
3. Visit the Farmers’ Museum – The Farmers’ Museum is a museum of rural life located at 5775 State Highway 80 in Cooperstown, New York. The museum contains a collection of more than 23,000 objects relating to the history of rural life in the United States. The museum also features a working farm where you can see animals and learn about the farming process.
4. Go horseback riding at the Cooperstown Trail Riders – The Cooperstown Trail Riders is a horseback riding stable located at 79 Fair Street in Cooperstown, New York. The stable offers a variety of horseback riding trails through the scenic countryside of Cooperstown. You can also take riding lessons at the stable.
5. Visit the Fenimore Art Museum – The Fenimore Art Museum is an art museum located at 5798 State Highway 80 in Cooperstown, New York. The museum features a collection of American art from the 18th and 19th centuries. The museum also houses the Iroquois Indian Museum, which contains a collection of artifacts and exhibits relating to the history and culture of the Iroquois people.
6. Take a cruise on Otsego Lake – Otsego Lake is a popular tourist destination located in Cooperstown, New York. You can take a cruise on the lake aboard the Glimmerglass Queen, a replication of a 19th-century paddlewheel steamer. The cruise lasts for 1 hour and gives you a tour of the lake and its scenic surroundings.
7. Visit the Otesaga Resort Hotel – The Otesaga Resort Hotel is a luxury hotel located at 60 Lake Street in Cooperstown, New York. The hotel features a variety of amenities such as a golf course, tennis courts, and a spa. You can also dine at one of the hotel’s three restaurants.
8. See a play at the Glimmerglass Opera – The Glimmerglass Opera is an opera company located at 7300 State Highway 80 in Cooperstown, New York. The company produces a season of operas each year. You can also take a tour of the company’s backstage facilities.
9. Shop at the Cooperstown Farmers’ Market – The Cooperstown Farmers’ Market is a market where you can buy fresh produce and other items from local farmers and vendors. The market is open from May to October and is located at the intersection of Main Street and Fair Street.
10. Go ice skating at the Glimmerglass Festival – The Glimmerglass Festival is an annual summer music festival located at 7300 State Highway 80 in Cooperstown, New York. The festival features a variety of musical performances, as well as an ice skating rink. You can also shop at the festival’s market, which features a variety of handcrafted items.