Conshohocken, Pennsylvania is located in the western suburbs of Philadelphia. The town is home to a number of historical sites, as well as a variety of kid-friendly activities. The historical sites in Conshohocken include the William Jeanes Memorial Library, which was built in 1873, and the Conshohocken Museum, which is housed in a former school building. The town also has a number of parks, including Memorial Park, which features a playground, basketball courts, and a picnic area. For kids who enjoy the outdoors, Conshohocken also has a number of hiking trails, including the Schuylkill River Trail.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
1. Visit the Museum of the American Revolution – The Museum of the American Revolution is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of our country. The museum has exhibits on the Revolutionary War, the Founding Fathers, and the Constitution. There is also a kids zone where kids can dress up as a soldier or a Revolutionary War spy.
2. Go on a Ghost Tour – Conshohocken is home to several haunted locations. Take a ghost tour to learn about the ghosts that haunt Conshohocken. You may even see a ghost!
3. Visit the Valley Forge National Historical Park – The Valley Forge National Historical Park is a great place to take kids to learn about the American Revolution. The park has a museum, walking trails, and a replica of George Washington’s encampment.
4. Go Fishing – Fishing is a great activity for kids. There are several fishing spots in Conshohocken. The Schuylkill River is a great place to fish for trout.
5. Hit the Slopes at Spring Mountain – Spring Mountain is a great place to go skiing and snowboarding. The resort has a beginner area for kids to learn how to ski and snowboard.
6. Visit the Elmwood Park Zoo – The Elmwood Park Zoo is a great place to take kids to see animals. The zoo has a petting zoo, a train, and a playground.
7. Go to a Phillies Game – The Phillies are Conshohocken’s Major League Baseball team. Go to a game to cheer on the Phillies.
8. Go Bowling – Bowling is a great activity for kids. There are several bowling alleys in Conshohocken.
9. Visit the Please Touch Museum – The Please Touch Museum is a great place to take kids to learn through play. The museum has exhibits on transportation, US history, and the arts.
10. Play Mini-Golf – Mini-golf is a great activity for kids. There are several mini-golf courses in Conshohocken.