There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Commack, New York. For starters, there is the Commack Roller skating rink which has been around for years and is still a popular spot for kids and families. If your child is into sports, there are plenty of options for them as well. There are plenty of youth sports leagues in the area, including baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. If your child is into the performing arts, there are also many options for them to get involved in. There are several dance studios in the area, as well as a few theater companies that put on kid-friendly shows. And, of course, there are plenty of parks and playgrounds for kids to enjoy. So, no matter what your child is interested in, there are sure to be kid friendly things to do in Commack, New York that they will enjoy.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Commack, New York
1. Visit the Tennis Center at Commack. The Tennis Center offers 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, a full-service pro shop, three lighted outdoor courts, and a heated indoor facility. There are also tennis clinics and programs for all ages and levels.
2. Play a round of mini golf at Safari Adventure. Safari Adventure is an indoor miniature golf course that features 18 holes of safari-themed fun.
3. Bowling is always a fun activity for kids, and at Commack Bowl, you can enjoy cosmic bowling, leagues, and open bowling.
4. The Commack Roller skating rink offers open skate times, as well as skating lessons and hockey leagues.
5. Visit the Suffolk County Vanderbilt Museum. The Vanderbilt Museum features collections of art, science, and history. The museum also offers educational programs and public events.
6. Kids will enjoy the hands-on exhibits at the Long Island Children’s Museum. The museum features a range of interactive exhibits on topics such as art, music, and science.
7. The Cultural Arts Playhouse offers classes and performances in theater, dance, and music for kids.
8. Go for a swim at the Dix Hills Park pool. The pool features a diving board, a spray ground, and a wading pool for younger children.
9. The Commack Animal Shelter offers a variety of programs for kids, such as animal-assisted therapy, pet adoption, and summer camps.
10. The Long Island Greenbelt Trail is a network of hiking and biking trails that wind through protected land. The trails are perfect for exploring nature with kids.