There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to enjoy in Comanche, Oklahoma! For indoors fun, the Comanche Nation Museum and the Comanche National Plains Indian Museum both offer educational and interactive exhibits. Or, take a break from the heat and explore the Comanche Wildlife Preserve. Outdoors, the Bedre Chocolate Factory offers tours and tastings, and the Comanche Park Zoo is a great place to see all sorts of animals. For active kids, there are plenty of hiking and biking trails in the area, and Lake Lawtonka is a great place to cool off with a swim. Whatever your interests, you’re sure to find something fun to do in Comanche!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Comanche, Oklahoma
Assuming you would like a list of activities rather than just places:
1. Head to the Comanche Nation Waterpark for a day of Splashtastic fun! With slides, a lazy river, and a zero-depth entry pool, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
2. Take a tour of the Comanche National Museum and learn all about the rich history and culture of the Comanche people.
3. Visit the Fort Sill National Historic Landmark and explore the site of the famous Indian Wars battlefield.
4. Check out the Comanche National Buffalo Range and see the largest herd of free roaming buffalo in the country.
5. Take a hike through the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and see some of the amazing wildlife that calls this place home.
6. Go for a swim at Eisenhower State Park and enjoy the crystal clear waters of Lake Texoma.
7. Play a round of golf at the Comanche Springs Golf Course, one of the best public courses in the state.
8. See a show at the Comanche County Fairgrounds, where they host a variety of events throughout the year.
9. Get your adrenaline pumping with a day of ziplining at the Meers Total Adventure Park.
10. Explore the many shops and restaurants in downtown Comanche, where you’ll find something for everyone in the family.