There are a number of kid friendly activities to do in Colver, Pennsylvania. For the outdoor enthusiasts, consider taking a hike along one of the many trails in the area. In the mood for something a bit more relaxed? pack a picnic lunch and enjoy a day at one of the local parks. History buffs will enjoy a visit to the Coal Mine Museum, where they can learn about the area’s rich mining history. And for a truly unique experience, take a tour of the Pennsylvania State Prison, one of the oldest prisons in the country. No matter what your interests are, there’s sure to be something for everyone in Colver, Pennsylvania.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Colver, Pennsylvania
1. Kids will enjoy exploring the Colver Emergency Services Museum, where they can learn about the history of firefighting and emergency services in the area.
2. The Colver Caboose is a popular spot for kids, as they can explore an actual caboose and learn about what it was like to ride the rails back in the day.
3. Kids will love visiting the Covered Bridge, which is the only remaining covered bridge in Cambria County.
4. The Johnstown Flood Museum is a must-see for kids, as they can learn about the devastating flood that struck the area in 1889.
5. The Robert D. Lintner Library is a great spot for kids to check out books, as it has an extensive collection of children’s literature.
6. The Colver Walking Trail is a great way for kids to get some exercise, as they can explore the beautiful outdoors while getting some fresh air.
7. The Colver Park Pool is a great spot for kids to cool off on a hot summer day.
8. The Cambria County Fair is a great place for kids to see animals, ride rides, and eat fair food.
9. The Coal Miner’s Memorial is a somber but important spot for kids to learn about the area’s coal mining history.
10. The Ghost Town Trail is a great spot for kids to explore, as they can learn about the area’s coal mining history and see some abandoned buildings along the way.