There are plenty of kid friendly things to do in Colonial Heights, Virginia! Fort Liesse is a great place to take the kids for a historical experience. You can also explore The Children’s Museum of Richmond, or take them on a nature walk at Pocahontas State Park. There are also several kid friendly theaters and performance venues in the area, so you can always find something entertaining to do!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Colonial Heights, Virginia
1. Visit the Petersburg National Battlefield – The Petersburg National Battlefield is a great place to explore the history of the Civil War. There are various hiking trails, picnic areas, and a museum on site.
2. Drive through the Colonial Heights neighborhood – The Colonial Heights neighborhood is a great place to take a leisurely drive. There are various historic homes and buildings to see, as well as a number of parks and green spaces.
3. Shop at the Southpark Mall – The Southpark Mall is a great place to do some shopping. There are a variety of stores, as well as a food court and a movie theater.
4. Visit the Beacon Theatre – The Beacon Theatre is a historic theatre that hosts a variety of performances, including musicals, plays, and concerts.
5. Play at Belmont Park – Belmont Park is a great place for kids to play. There is a playground, a sprayground, and a picnic area.
6. Go fishing at the James River – The James River is a great place to go fishing. There are various areas to fish, as well as a number of boat ramps.
7. Ride the Virginia Railway Express – The Virginia Railway Express is a commuter train that runs between Colonial Heights and downtown Richmond. It’s a great way to see the sights of both cities.
8. Visit the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts – The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is a great place to see a variety of art. There are both permanent and temporary exhibits, as well as a gift shop.
9. Take a walk or bike ride on the Virginia Capital Trail – The Virginia Capital Trail is a great place to get some exercise. The trail stretches for 52 miles between Richmond and Williamsburg.
10. Visit the Pleasure House Point Nature Park – The Pleasure House Point Nature Park is a great place to see a variety of wildlife. There are hiking trails, a fishing pier, and a canoe/kayak launch.