Colfax, Indiana, is a great place for families with young children. There are plenty of kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The Colfax Public Library offers a variety of programming for children, including story times, crafts, and movies. The Colfax-Peru Animal Shelter has a “read to the animals” program that is popular with kids. The Colfax Park & Recreation Department has a playground and offers a variety of sports leagues and classes for kids. And, of course, there are always the classic kid-friendly activities like visiting the local ice cream shop or going for a walk in the park. No matter what your family is looking for, you’re sure to find something to do in Colfax, Indiana.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Colfax, Indiana
1. Take a trip to the Colfax Railroad Museum to learn about the history of the railroad in the area.
2. Visit the Grissom Air Museum to see a variety of aircrafts on display.
3. Head to the HFeeder Park Zoo to see a variety of animals up close.
4. Go for a hike or a bike ride on the nature trails at the Banningwood Preserve.
5. Play a round of miniature golf at the Jurassic Park themed course.
6. Go swimming at the community pool or take a dip in the local lake.
7. Visit the Colfax Antique Mall to find some unique treasures.
8. Sample some of the local wines at the Windy Hills Winery.
9. Grab a bite to eat at one of the many family-friendly restaurants in town.
10. Take a walk down Main Street to see the historic buildings and shops.