Cole Harbour is a great place for kids of all ages! There are plenty of green spaces to explore, along with a number of parks and playgrounds. The Cole Harbour Heritage Farm Museum is a great place to learn about the area’s history and see some friendly farm animals. For a truly unique experience, head to the Cole Harbour Place where you can see live animals, including seals, in their natural habitat!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cole Harbour, Canada
1. Visit the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park: The Shubenacadie Wildlife Park is a great place to take kids of all ages. There are a variety of animals to see, including bears, lynx, moose, owls, and wolves. The park also has a playground, picnic areas, and hiking trails.
2. Play at the Rainbow Haven Beach: Rainbow Haven Beach is a beautiful sandy beach that is perfect for swimming, building sandcastles, and gathering shells. The beach is also great for windsurfing, kiteboarding, and fishing.
3. Go for a hike at the Cole Harbour Heritage Park: The Cole Harbour Heritage Park is a great place to take a leisurely stroll or go for a more strenuous hike. The park has a variety of trails, including a boardwalk, to explore. You can also see a variety of animals, including rabbits, squirrels, and birds.
4. Visit the Halifax Waterfront: The Halifax Waterfront is a great place to spend a day with the family. There are a variety of shops and restaurants to explore, as well as the Halifax Harbour. You can also take a tour of the harbour on a boat or go for a walk along the waterfront.
5. Check out the Dartmouth Sportsplex: The Dartmouth Sportsplex is a great place to take the kids to burn off some energy. There is an indoor pool, waterslide, whirlpool, and sauna, as well as a variety of sports courts. The Sportsplex also has a climbing wall and trampoline park.
6. Go skating at the Halifax Forum: The Halifax Forum is a great place to go skating in the winter. You can also play hockey, participate in public skate sessions, or take a figure skating lesson.
7. Take a dip in the Nova Scotia Sport and Wellness Centre: The Nova Scotia Sport and Wellness Centre is a great place to take the family for a swim. There is a 25m pool, as well as a separate leisure pool with a water slide. The Centre also has a fitness centre, yoga studio, and gymnasium.
8. Explore the Halifax Public Gardens: The Halifax Public Gardens are a great place to take a walk and see a variety of flowers and plants. The Gardens also have a playground and a bandstand where concerts are often held in the summer.
9. Visit the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic: The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is a great place to learn about the history of the Halifax waterfront. The Museum has a variety of exhibits, as well as a café and gift shop.
10. Go for a walk in Point Pleasant Park: Point Pleasant Park is a great place to take a walk, run, or bike ride. The Park has a number of trails, as well as a beach where you can swim in the summer.