If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Coldwater, Ohio, you won’t be disappointed. From preschool programs and playgroups to sports leagues and clubs, there’s something for everyone.
The Coldwater Community Center offers a variety of programs for kids of all ages, including preschool and after-school programs, sports leagues, and clubs. There’s also the Coldwater Aquatic Center, which features a leisure pool, lap pool, and diving well, as well as a spray park and playground.
For kids who love the outdoors, there’s hiking and biking trails, fishing and canoeing in the Grand Lake St. Marys State Park, and even a zip line course at the Adventure Park at Harrod Park.
And that’s just the beginning. Coldwater is also home to a variety of museums, libraries, and theaters, all of which offer programs and events for kids. So whether your kids are looking for a place to learn, play, or just have fun, Coldwater has something for everyone.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Coldwater, Ohio
1. Play at the park – There are several parks in Coldwater, Ohio that are perfect for kids to play at. There is a playground at Memorial Park, a splash pad at Thelma Martin Park, and a skate park at J.R. Clarke Memorial Park.
2. Go swimming – There are two public pools in Coldwater, Ohio that are perfect for a hot summer day. The Coldwater Aquatic Center has a zero-depth entry pool, a lazy river, and a waterslide. The Eastview Pool is a great option for those who want to do lap swimming or take swimming lessons.
3. Visit the library – The Coldwater Branch Library is a great place for kids to visit. They have a story time for kids every week, and they offer a variety of other programs throughout the year.
4. Go on a nature hike – There are several nature trails in Coldwater, Ohio that are perfect for a family hike. Some of these trails include the Riverwalk Trail, the Pole Bend Trail, and the Indian Trails.
5. Go fishing – Coldwater lake is a great place to take the kids fishing. There is a fishing pier that is accessible for those who are physically challenged.
6. Go to the movies – The Plaza Theatre is a great place to take the kids to see a movie. They offer a variety of movies throughout the year, and they also have a concessions stand with snacks and drinks.
7. Go bowling – Turkeyfoot Lanes is a great place to take the kids bowling. They have lane side service so you don’t have to leave your lane to get food or drinks. They also have a game room with a variety of arcade games.
8. Play mini golf – There are two mini golf courses in Coldwater, Ohio that are perfect for a fun game with the kids. The courses are located at Thelma Martin Park and J.R. Clarke Memorial Park.
9. Have a picnic – There are several parks in Coldwater, Ohio that would be perfect for a family picnic. Some of these parks include Memorial Park, Thelma Martin Park, and J.R. Clarke Memorial Park.
10. Go sledding – When the snow starts to fall, head to one of the hills in Coldwater, Ohio to go sledding. Some of the best sledding hills can be found at Thelma Martin Park, J.R. Clarke Memorial Park, and Memorial Park.