There’s plenty for kids to do in Colchester, Vermont! If your kids enjoy being outdoors, they’ll love hiking or biking through the many trails in the area. Lake Champlain is also nearby for swimming, fishing, and boating activities. Kids can also explore the Colchester Archaeological Site, where they can learn about the history of the area.
For indoor activities, the Colchester Community Center offers a variety of classes and programs for kids, including arts and crafts, sports, dance, and more. The Children’s Museum of Vermont is also a great place to take kids, where they can learn and play in a fun environment. And if your kids are animal lovers, be sure to check out the Shelburne Farms, where they can see cows, chickens, goats, and more.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Colchester, Vermont
1. Champlain Orchards: Champlain Orchards is a family-owned and operated farm and cider mill located in Colchester, Vermont. Visitors can tour the farm, see the cider-making process, and taste the products. There is also a farm store on site where visitors can purchase fresh apples, cider, and other local products.
2. Colchester Schoolhouse Museum: The Colchester Schoolhouse Museum is a historic one-room schoolhouse that was built in 1875. The museum is open seasonally and offers tours, educational programs, and special events.
3. Knife Sharpening at Norton’s Farm: Norton’s Farm offers knife sharpening services for a nominal fee. This is a great activity for kids who are interested in learning how to sharpen their own knives.
4. Hay Rides at Shelburne Orchards: Shelburne Orchards offers hayrides for a nominal fee. This is a great activity for kids of all ages and a great way to see the beautiful Vermont countryside.
5. visit Shelburne Farms: Shelburne Farms is a working farm and educational center located on the shores of Lake Champlain. Visitors can tour the farm, see the animals, and learn about sustainable agriculture.
6. take a scenic drive down Route 100: Route 100 is a beautiful scenic road that runs through Vermont. Take a drive and enjoy the views of the mountains, forests, and farmland.
7. go for a hike: There are many great hiking trails in and around Colchester. Explore the woods and the wetlands and look for wildlife.
8. go fishing: Colchester is located on Lake Champlain, one of the best fishing lakes in the country. There are many public and private docks where you can fish for bass, trout, and other fish.
9. visit the Vermont Museum of Natural History: The Vermont Museum of Natural History is a great place to learn about the natural history of Vermont. The museum has exhibits on geology, wildlife, and the humans who have lived in Vermont.
10. explore the Colchester Historical Society Museum: The Colchester Historical Society Museum is a great place to learn about the history of Colchester and the surrounding area. The museum has exhibits on the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and local history.