If you’re looking for kid-friendly things to do in Coin, Iowa, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of activities to keep your little ones entertained in this small town. For starters, the Coin Public Library is a great place to take your kids for story time or to find new books to read. The J.J. Harstad Community Center is also a great place to take your kids to burn off some energy. They offer a wide variety of activities, including a basketball court, a weight room, and a swimming pool. Another great option for kids is the Wapsi River Wildlife Area, where they can explore nature and see a variety of animals.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Coin, Iowa
1. Visit the Loess Hills National Scenic Byway. This byway offers a breathtaking view of the Loess Hills, which are a series of wind-blown grassy hills that run along the Missouri River.
2. Take a walk or bike ride through Brown’s Woods. This nature preserve is a great place to get some exercise and see some beautiful Iowa scenery.
3. Check out the Lincoln Highway Heritage Byway. This byway runs through some of the most historic parts of Iowa and is a great way to learn about the state’s history.
4. Go fishing at one of Iowa’s many lakes. Coin is home to several lakes, which offer great opportunities for fishing, swimming, and other outdoor activities.
5. Visit the Terrace Hill Governor’s Mansion. This historic mansion is open to the public for tours and is a great place to learn about Iowa’s governors and history.
6. Take a ride on the Heritage Trail. This trail runs through some of the most scenic parts of Iowa and is a great way to get some fresh air.
7. Visit the State Capitol Building. This building is open to the public for tours and is a great place to learn about Iowa’s government.
8. Stop by the Des Moines Art Center. This art museum is a great place to see some of Iowa’s best art.
9. Visit the Salisbury House. This historic house is open to the public for tours and is a great place to learn about Iowa’s history.
10. Take a walk through the Drake University campus. This campus is a beautiful place to take a stroll and is also home to several great restaurants and shops.