There are many kid friendly things to do in Cohoes, New York. The Cohoes Public Library has many events for kids including story time, puppet shows, and movie nights. The library also has a large selection of children’s books, movies, and games. The Cohoes Recreation Center has a pool, basketball courts, a playground, and a variety of classes and programs for kids. The Mohawk Hudson River Humane Society offers a variety of programs for kids including animal visits, humane education classes, and volunteer opportunities. The Society also has a petting zoo and a playground on their property. The Cohoes Music Hall offers a variety of kid friendly concerts and events throughout the year. The Cohoes Farmers Market is a great place to take kids to get fresh fruits and vegetables. The market also has a playground and a variety of kid friendly activities.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Cohoes, New York
1. Visit the Cohoes Music Hall – The Cohoes Music Hall is a 1,700 seat theater that hosts a variety of events throughout the year, including concerts, comedy shows, and more. It’s a great place for kids to see live entertainment, and there’s usually something going on every weekend.
2. Take a hike at Watervliet Shaker National Historic Site – This historic site is home to the remains of the Shaker settlement that once thrived here. There are hiking trails and a Visitor Center with exhibits on the Shaker way of life. Kids will love exploring this unique piece of history.
3. Visit the New York State Museum – The New York State Museum is one of the largest and most comprehensive museums in the state. It has exhibits on the natural history of New York, the state’s cultural heritage, and the history of the Empire State. There’s something for everyone here, and kids will love learning about all the different aspects of New York’s past.
4. Go for a swim at Cohoes Falls Park – Cohoes Falls Park is a beautiful spot for a summer picnic or a day of swimming and splashing in the Cohoes River. There’s a beach area for sunbathing, and a playground for the kids.
5.Explore the Cohoes Mastodon Site – This site is home to the remains of a mastodon that was unearthed in 1866. Kids can see the bones of the massive animal and learn about the Ice Age.
6. Visit the esports Arena – The esports Arena is a gaming center that hosts tournaments and events for all different types of gamers. Kids can come and compete against each other, or just watch and learn about the different games.
7. Go ice skating at the Niagara Mohawk Power Plant – The Niagara Mohawk Power Plant is a decommissioned power plant that has been turned into a public ice skating rink. It’s a great place to go skating in the winter, and it’s also open for public events and concerts.
8.Take a walk through the National Bottle Museum – The National Bottle Museum is dedicated to the history of glassmaking and the bottle industry. Kids can see all kinds of different bottles, from early examples to modern-day soda bottles. They can also learn about how bottles are made and the different processes involved.
9.Discover the wonders of the night sky at the John C. Fremont Observatory – The John C. Fremont Observatory is open to the public for free stargazing nights. Kids can come and learn about the constellations and see the planets and stars up close.
10. Visit the USS Slater Destroyer Escort Museum – The USS Slater is a decommissioned destroyer escort ship that is now a museum. Kids can explore the different decks and learn about the ship’s history.