Assuming you would like a kid friendly overview of Clyde, Kansas:
Clyde is a historic town in Cloud County, Kansas, United States. The population was 2,569 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Cloud County. The city is named for Cloud County’s first county clerk, James N. Clyde. Clyde is home to the Wilson State Fishing Lake. The lake is a mecca for birdwatchers and is managed by the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism. The city has a park and recreation area that include a playground, tennis court,basketball court and a swimming pool. The city also has a skate park. The Cloud County Fair is held annually in Clyde. The Clyde Covered Bridge, built in 1879, is located just outside the city. It is the only remaining covered bridge in Kansas.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clyde, Kansas
1. For animal lovers, the Rolling Hills Wildlife Adventure is a great place to visit. With over 200 animals on site, this attraction is perfect for a day trip.
2. The Elkader Opera House is another great option for those looking for something unique to do. This theater offers a variety of shows and events throughout the year, making it a great place to visit regardless of the season.
3. The Jester Park Nature Center is perfect for those who love the great outdoors. With hiking trails, a playground, and a variety of educational programs, this nature center is a great place to spend a day.
4. The Wapsipinicon Mill is a historic grist mill that is open to the public for tours. This is a great place to learn about the history of the area and see a working mill in action.
5. The National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium is perfect for a day of family fun. With a variety of exhibits and a hands-on aquarium, this museum is sure to please everyone in the family.
6. The Elmwood Golf Course is a great place to enjoy a game of golf. This course offers 18 holes of play, making it a great place to spend an afternoon.
7. The Decorah Public Library is a great place to visit for a day of reading and relaxation. This library offers a variety of books and resources, making it a great place to spend some time.
8. The Palisades-Kepler State Park is a great place to enjoy the outdoors. With hiking trails, fishing, and boating, this state park has something for everyone.
9. The Oneota Community Food Co-op is a great place to go for a healthy meal. This food co-op offers a variety of fresh and organic foods, making it a great place to eat.
10. The Seed Savers Exchange is a great place to learn about gardening and pick up some new seeds. This exchange offers a variety of educational programs and events, making it a great place to spend a day.