Clifton Forge is a great place to bring your kids! There are plenty of kid-friendly things to do, such as hiking and biking trails, fishing, and picnicking. The Virginia Museum of Transportation is a great place to take your kids to learn about all kinds of transportation, from early trains to modern cars. They can also enjoy the playground, or take a scenic ride on the historic Chesapeake & Ohio Railway. For a more adventurous day, you can explore one of the many caves in the area, or go tubing down the Jackson River.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clifton Forge, Virginia
1. Visit the Alleghany Highlands Museum and Heritage Center to learn about the history and culture of the area.
2. Stroll along Main Street to see the beautiful architecture and to shop at the unique stores.
3. Take a scenic drive on the Virginia Creeper Trail.
4. tubing down the Jackson River.
5. Visit the Historic Masonic Theater to see a show or take a tour.
6.Explore the Clifton Forge Susquehanna Trail.
7. Take a ride on the Virginia Central Railway.
8. Visit the C&O Railway Heritage Center.
9. Play mini golf at Twin Creeks Golf Center.
10. Go fishing at Lake Moomaw.