There are many kid friendly things to do in Clayton, Delaware. One such thing is visiting the 3 bears farm. The 3 bears farm is a great place for kids to learn about and experience farm life. Another great kid friendly activity in Clayton is visiting the Delaware Art Museum. The Delaware Art Museum has a wide variety of art for kids to see and experience. Lastly, one of the best kid friendly activities in Clayton is taking a walk through the nature trails at Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge. The nature trails are a great place for kids to explore and see all sorts of wildlife.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clayton, Delaware
1. Hike through White Clay Creek State Park: With over 3,000 acres of land, White Clay Creek State Park is a great place to explore with the family. There are over 50 miles of hiking trails, and the park is also home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, turkey, and songbirds.
2. Visit the Clifford Brown Jazz Festival: Named after one of Delaware’s most famous jazz musicians, the Clifford Brown Jazz Festival is held each summer in Wilmington. The event features a variety of jazz performances, as well as food and drink vendors.
3. Take a walk or bike ride on the Delaware Greenway: The Delaware Greenway is a 14-mile multi-use trail that runs through New Castle County. The trail is perfect for a leisurely stroll or a vigorous bike ride, and it offers stunning views of the Delaware River.
4. Visit the Fort Delaware State Park: Fort Delaware was once a Union army fort during the Civil War. Today, the fort is open to the public for tours, and it’s also a popular spot for fishing, picnicking, and hiking.
5.Explore the Hagley Museum and Library: The Hagley Museum and Library is a history lover’s dream. The museum is located on the site of the original DuPont powder mills, and it offers a variety of exhibits on the history of the DuPont company and the American industrial revolution.
6. See a show at the Grand Opera House: The Grand Opera House is a historic theater in Wilmington that dates back to the late 19th century. The theater hosts a variety of performances throughout the year, ranging from Broadway musicals to ballet.
7. Visit the Winterthur Museum, Garden, and Library: The Winterthur Museum is a must-see for anyone interested in American history and art. The museum houses one of the largest collections of American antiques in the world, and the sprawling gardens are simply beautiful.
8. Take a scenic drive down the Kennett Pike: The Kennett Pike is a scenic byway that runs through the picturesque town of Kennett Square. The drive is just over 10 miles long, and it offers stunning views of the countryside.
9. Go wine tasting at a local winery: Delaware is home to a number of excellent wineries, and many of them offer wine tastings. This is a great activity for a rainy day, and it’s a great way to sample some of the area’s best wines.
10. Visit the Brandywine Zoo: The Brandywine Zoo is located in Wilmington’s Brandywine Park. The zoo is home to a variety of animals, including bears, tigers, and monkeys. The zoo also offers a variety of educational programs for kids.