There are many kid friendly things to do in Clay, Kentucky. One place that is great for kids is the Kentucky Railway Museum. This museum is dedicated to the history of the Kentucky railway system. There are many exhibits that kids can enjoy, as well as a model train display. The museum also offers rides on a real train! Another great place for kids is the Louisville Zoo. This zoo is home to many different kinds of animals, as well as a variety of educational programs. The zoo also has a playground and a petting zoo. Clay, Kentucky is also home to many parks and playgrounds. Some of these parks include the Big Bone Lick State Park, which is a great place to see fossils, as well as the Bernheim Forest, which is a beautiful place to hike and explore. There are also many smaller parks scattered throughout the city, which are perfect for a picnic or a game of catch.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clay, Kentucky
1. Visit the National Tobacco Heritage Museum to learn about the history of tobacco production in the area.
2. Tour the American Legion National Headquarters, which is located in Clay.
3. Visit the Clay County History Museum to learn about the county’s rich history.
4. Go for a hike or bike ride on the Clay County Nature Trail.
5. Play golf at one of the county’s many golf courses.
6. Go fishing or swimming at Herrington Lake.
7. Take a scenic drive through the Daniel Boone National Forest.
8. Visit the Creation Museum of Kentucky, which is located in Clay.
9. Go horseback riding at one of the many equestrian facilities in the area.
10. Attend a event at the Clay County Fairgrounds.