Clarksville, Iowa, is a charming Midwestern town with a population of just over 1,000 people. The town is located in Butler County, Iowa, and is home to a number of kid-friendly attractions. One of the most popular attractions in Clarksville is the Clarksville Aquatic Center, which features a water park, lazy river, and swimming pool. Other popular kid-friendly attractions in Clarksville include the Butler County Fairgrounds, the Clarksville Skate Park, and the Clarksville Community Center. Clarksville is also home to a number of parks, including Riverside Park, which features a playground, picnic area, and walking trails.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clarksville, Iowa
1. Visit the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium – This museum is dedicated to the history and wildlife of the Mississippi River. Families can learn about the river through hands-on exhibits, aquariums, and documentaries.
2. Go fishing – The Mississippi River is a great place to go fishing. Families can rent a boat or fish from the riverbank.
3. Take a riverboat cruise – Families can take a cruise on a riverboat to see the sights of the Mississippi River.
4. Visit the Andrew Jackson Missouri River Museum – This museum is dedicated to the history of the Missouri River. Families can learn about the river through hands-on exhibits and documentaries.
5. Go hiking – Families can hike the many trails in the area to see the sights of the Mississippi River.
6. Take a scenic drive – Families can take a scenic drive through the area to see the sights of the Mississippi River.
7. Visit the Field of Dreams – Families can visit the Field of Dreams movie site to see the movie set and learn about the movie.
8. Go camping – Families can camp at one of the many campgrounds in the area to experience the great outdoors.
9. Visit the Heritage Center – Families can learn about the history of Clarksville at the Heritage Center.
10. Attend a festival – Families can attend one of the many festivals that are held in Clarksville throughout the year.