There are many kid friendly activities to do in Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania. A few examples are visiting the local ice cream shop, going for a walk in one of the many parks, or playing a game of mini golf. Other activities include visiting the animals at the Clarks Summit Petting Zoo, riding bikes, or going to the movies. There is also a library in Clarks Summit which offers many different kid friendly activities and programs.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
1. visity the Wirght Memorial Library- The Wright Memorial Library is a charming place to take kids for story hour or to browse the large selection of children’s books.
2. have a picnic at Abington Community Park- Abington Community Park is a great place to have a picnic lunch with the kids. There is plenty of green space to run around and play games, and the playground is a great spot to tire the little ones out before lunch.
3. Visit the Clarks Summit Historical Society- The Clarks Summit Historical Society is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of the area. The society offers tours of the historic Steamtown railroad depot and museum, as well as the opportunity to see a working blacksmith shop.
4. go for a hike at Lackawanna State Park- Lackawanna State Park is a great place to take kids for a hike. There are a variety of trails to choose from, and the scenery is beautiful.
5. take a tour of the Nay Aug Gorge- The Nay Aug Gorge is a great place to take kids for a tour. The gorge is home to a variety of plant and animal life, and the views are breathtaking.
6. explore the Steamtown National Historic Site- The Steamtown National Historic Site is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of the railroads. The site offers tours of the historic rail yards, as well as the opportunity to ride on a real steam train.
7. visit the Electric City Trolley Museum- The Electric City Trolley Museum is a great place to take kids to learn about the history of trolleys in the area. The museum offers tours of the trolley barn, as well as the opportunity to ride on a real trolley.
8. take a scenic drive on the Lackawanna River Road- The Lackawanna River Road is a great place to take kids for a scenic drive. The road winds through the beautiful Lackawanna Valley, and there are several places to stop along the way to take in the views.
9. visit the National Aviary at the Scranton Railway Museum- The National Aviary at the Scranton Railway Museum is a great place to take kids to see a variety of birds. The aviary is home to a variety of birds from around the world, and the staff is always happy to answer any questions.
10. take a ride on the Steamtown Scenic Railway- The Steamtown Scenic Railway is a great place to take kids for a ride. The railway offers a variety of different rides, and the views are simply stunning.