Clacton-on-Sea is a seaside town in the Tendring district of Essex in southeastern England. It is about 35 miles (56 km) northeast of London. It is on the North Sea, between Jaywick and Holland-on-Sea. Clacton has a town council and is twinned with Gorleston-on-Sea and Havelberg in Germany. The town’s economy is mostly based on tourism. There are also many small businesses.
Clacton-on-Sea is a great place for families with young children. There are many kid-friendly activities to keep little ones entertained. The town has a number of parks, including an Adventure Playground, which is perfect for letting off some steam. Clacton Pier is also a popular spot for families. It has a number of rides and attractions, as well as a arcade and plenty of places to grab a bite to eat. For those looking for a more cultural activity, Clacton-on-Sea is home to a number of museums, including a Museum of Romney Marsh and a Fleet Air Arm Museum.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Clacton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
1. Visit the Clacton Pier for some rides, games, and arcades.
2. Head to the seafront to build sandcastles, paddle in the waves, or go for a swim.
3. For some fun indoors, head to Rhino’s Adventure Land or Snakes & Ladders.
4. Visit Splash Waterworld to make a splash in the indoor pool or mess around in the outdoor water play area.
5. For some animal fun, visit Joyland, Way Fun World, or Colchester Zoo.
6. Kids will love exploring Castle Park, whether it’s playing on the pirate ship, meeting the animals, or riding the train.
7. Or why not head to Frinton-on-Sea to visit Frinton Beach, have a go on the Donkey Derby, or explore Walton Hall.
8. For a day out with a difference, go to Diggerland where kids can ride on diggers and other construction vehicles.
9. Visit Layer Marney Tower, a Tudor style house which is Children’s University accredited and full of fun things to do.
10. Finally, go on a Clacton Coastal Tower tour to see the sights of Clacton-on-Sea from the top of the Tower.