There are many kid friendly things to do in Circleville, Ohio. The city has a variety of parks and playgrounds for children to explore and play in. The Circleville Public Library also offers many programs and events for kids throughout the year. And of course, the famous Circleville Pumpkin Show is a must-see for all kids (and adults!) who visit the city.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Circleville, Ohio
1. Circleville pumpkin show – One of the largest and longest running pumpkin shows in the country, the Circleville Pumpkin Show has been held annually since 1903. Attractions include a parade, live music, carnival rides, a pumpkin weigh-off, and a pumpkin pie eating contest.
2. Historic Downtown Circleville – A charming downtown area with over 50 locally-owned businesses, including shops, restaurants, cafes, and art galleries. Historic landmarks include the Circleville Courthouse and the Hayden Run Mill Complex.
3. Ohio Theatre – The historic Circleville Ohio Theatre, built in 1926, is a beautifully restored movie palace that now hosts live performances, movies, and special events.
4. Thecircle Players – A community theater group that has been producing live theater in Circleville since 1949. The theater is located in the historic Circleville Opera House, built in 1891.
5. Pickaway County Fairgrounds – Home to the annual Pickaway County Fair, the fairgrounds also host a variety of other events throughout the year, including livestock shows, car shows, and festivals.
6. Pumpkin Vine Trail – A 4.5-mile paved walking and biking trail that runs through Circleville and the surrounding countryside. The trail is popular with runners, walkers, and cyclists of all ages and abilities.
7. Tecumseh Outdoor Drama – A summertime tradition in Circleville, the Tecumseh Outdoor Drama is a live theater production that tells the story of the life of Shawnee Indian Chief Tecumseh. The drama is performed in an outdoor amphitheater on the grounds of the Pickaway County Fairgrounds.
8. Circleville Farmer’s Market – One of the largest and oldest farmer’s markets in Ohio, the Circleville Farmer’s Market features fresh produce, baked goods, flowers, and more from over 50 local vendors. The market is open from May through October.
9. Circleville City Parks – The city of Circleville has five parks, all of which offer a variety of amenities for families, including playgrounds, picnic areas, walking trails, and sports fields.
10. Ash Cave – A short drive from Circleville is Ash Cave, a large sandstone cave that is a popular hiking destination. The easy, half-mile trail to the cave is suitable for all skill levels and the views from the cave’s overlook are breathtaking.