There are plenty of kid friendly activities to do in Choisy-le-Roi, France. For starters, the city is home to numerous parks and playgrounds, perfect for getting some fresh air and exercise. Families can also enjoy picnicking in one of the many green spaces, or take a leisurely stroll along the riverside Promenade des Anglais.
In terms of educational and cultural attractions, Choisy-le-Roi is home to the fabulous Musee des Enfants, which features interactive exhibits and workshops specifically designed for young children. The city also has a fantastic Aquatic Centre, which has both indoor and outdoor pools, as well as slides, fountains and a wave pool – perfect for a hot summer’s day.
Of course, no trip to Choisy-le-Roi would be complete without indulging in some of the delicious local cuisine. From fresh seafood dishes to mouth-watering pastries, there’s something to suit every taste. And with plenty of kid-friendly restaurants and cafes dotted around the city, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Choisy-Le-Roi, France
1. Visit the Fondation Claude Monet – This foundation is located in the home and gardens that were once owned by the famous French painter Claude Monet. Today, visitors can tour the home and gardens, and see some of Monet’s original paintings.
2. Take a Boat Ride on the Seine River – Choisy-le-Roi is located on the Seine River, so taking a boat ride is a great way to see the city. You can find boat tours that depart from the city center.
3. Visit the Musee du Journalisme – This museum is dedicated to the history of journalism and is located in the former home of a French newspaper. Visitors can see original equipment and items from the early days of journalism.
4. Have a Picnic in the Park – There are several parks located throughout Choisy-le-Roi, so picnicking is a popular activity. Be sure to pack a lunch and some games to play.
5. See the Cathedral of Saint-Jean-Baptiste – This cathedral is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Choisy-le-Roi. The cathedral is known for its beautiful architecture and is a must-see for anyone visiting the city.
6. Visit the Maison des Arts – This museum is devoted to the arts, and features both permanent and temporary exhibitions. Visitors can see paintings, sculptures, and other works of art from both local and international artists.
7. Browse the shops in the city center – Choisy-le-Roi has a variety of shops, including ones that sell clothes, food, and souvenirs. spending some time browsing the shops is a great way to get a feel for the city.
8. Take a walk along the Promenade des Robertières – This promenade is a beautiful walkway that runs along the Seine River. It’s a great place to take a stroll and enjoy the views.
9. Have some fun at the Parc de Jeux – This park is a great place for kids to burn off some energy. There are a variety of playground equipment and games for kids to enjoy.
10. Sample the local cuisine – Choisy-le-Roi has a variety of restaurants that serve both French and international cuisine. Be sure to try some of the local specialties during your visit.