Chiclayo is a great city for kids! There are plenty of parks to explore, museums to learn about the history and culture of the area, and even a few zoos! Plus, the food here is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters! Here are some of the best things to do with kids in Chiclayo:
Visit the Museo de la Naturaleza y el Hombre. This museum is a great place to learn about the natural history of the area, as well as the cultures that have called this place home.
Check out the zoos! Chiclayo is home to two zoos, the Zoológico Norte and the Zoológico Sur. Both are great places to see some of the local wildlife up close and personal.
Head to one of the city’s many parks. Parque Lambramani is a great option, as it features a playground, a botanical garden, and plenty of space to run around.
Make sure to try some of the local food! Chiclayo is known for dishes like ceviche, pollo a la brasa, and papa a la huancaína. Yum!
10 Fun & Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Chiclayo, Peru
1. Visit the Mummies of Sipan Museum
2. Take a tour of the Royal Tombs of Sipan
3. Walk through the ancient city of Tucume
4. Visit the Museum of Natural History
5. See the ancient adobe pyramids at Tres Reyes
6. Take a boat ride on the Lambayeque River
7. Visit the Chiclayo Zoo
8. Spend a day at the Farallones de Mismi National Park
9. See the Temple of the Moon
10. Visit theventura mall
1. Visit the Mummies of Sipan Museum: This museum is dedicated to the mummies of the ancient Lords of Sipan, who were discovered in the nearby archaeological site of Huaca Rajada. The museum’s exhibits include reconstructions of the tombs of the Lords of Sipan, as well as many artifacts that were found with the mummies.
2. Take a tour of the Royal Tombs of Sipan: The Royal Tombs of Sipan are an archaeological site that contains the remains of several important rulers of the ancient Moche civilization. The site includes several large pyramids, as well as a number of smaller tombs. Tours of the site are available, and visitors can see the excavated tombs and the artifacts that have been found there.
3. Walk through the ancient city of Tucume: Tucume is an ancient city that was once the capital of the Moche civilization. The city was abandoned centuries ago, but its ruins can still be seen today. Visitors can walk through the ancient city, and see the remains of the pyramids and other structures that were once there.
4. Visit the Museum of Natural History: The Museum of Natural History in Chiclayo is one of the most important museums in Peru. The museum’s exhibits include a wide variety of natural history specimens, as well as a number of important archaeological artifacts. The museum is a great place to learn about the natural history of Peru.
5. See the ancient adobe pyramids at Tres Reyes: The Tres Reyes archaeological site is home to a number of ancient adobe pyramids. The site is located in the Lambayeque Valley, and is one of the most important archaeological sites in Peru. Visitors to the site can see the pyramids, as well as the remains of other structures that were once there.
6. Take a boat ride on the Lambayeque River: The Lambayeque River is a major river in Peru, and is a great place to take a boat ride. Visitors can see a variety of wildlife, as well as the ruins of an ancient city that is located along the river.
7. Visit the Chiclayo Zoo: The Chiclayo Zoo is a great place to see a variety of animals, including some that are native to Peru. The zoo also has a number of educational exhibits, and is a great place to learn about the animal kingdom.
8. Spend a day at the Farallones de Mismi National Park: The Farallones de Mismi National Park is a beautiful park that is located in the Andes Mountains. The park is home to a number of different animals, as well as a variety of plant life. Visitors to the park can hike, camp, and enjoy the scenery.
9. See the Temple of the Moon: The Temple of the Moon is an ancient structure that is located in the city of Chiclayo. The temple was built by the Moche civilization, and is one of the most important archaeological sites in Peru. Visitors to the site can see the temple, as well as the remains of other structures that were once there.
10. Visit the Ventura Mall: The Ventura Mall is the largest shopping center in Chiclayo, and is a great place to find a variety of goods. The mall has a number of different stores, as well as a number of restaurants.